Thursday, July 30, 2020

Rant

Sometimes you just need to get your feelings down to help process them.  I feel like this has always helped me, and over the years I have kept a prayer journal because of this.  Today I just feel the need to rant and get my thoughts and feelings down.

I'm frustrated!  I'm sick of COVID 19 and the fact that it's real, but it has totally been turned into a political platform to cause fear and control.  I'm tired of it controlling everything and people not seeing what it is being used to do to our country.  I'm sick of stupid decisions because of it!

I have been able to escape it to some degree this summer because of summer break, but it is quickly coming at me like a train with the talks of school reopening.  I'm sickened the NEA is using this for their own political gain and not for children!  Let me just say if I could pull my money from NEA and just give it to my local MEA I would. 

 I am also disheartened by decisions being made locally.  I have just recently discovered that our school may move all of k-1 to the gym, cafeteria, and music areas to set up classrooms.  What?!!?  How is this safe and best for kids.  I am really hoping this is not true, but you just never know.  First graders aren't allowed to be on the 2nd floor because there aren't bathrooms in the classroom, but they can be down there were there is only one gang bathroom for k, 1, and 3???  I'm so confused and upset if this is true.  Plus, how can any of us do quality teaching if we are sharing a space like the gym?  I can't even hear speakers in there when we have workshops unless they have a mic.  I just keep reminding myself to keep breathing, keep praying, and wait for the official word on what next year really will look like.  

Ok, I got it out, and I continue to think...this is just all crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment