Monday, July 6, 2020

Feeling Patriotic

The past couple months have had my brain spinning, I'm sure I am not the only one!  I have tried to limit my time when it comes to looking at the news.  However it is everywhere!!  I am learning to be careful about what news I let come into my mind, as I firmly believe the media is trying especially hard to inundate people with their thoughts, twisting words and only showing what they desire for the public to see.  I should not be surprised that everything is so heightened.  If people really believe that it is only about the pandemic and the protesting they are quite blind to the undercurrent of this year.  There are so many agendas occurring around this year because it is a major election year.  The media is afraid of not having 'their' person in office that they are working overtime to speak into the American people's minds and work up fear.  I pray daily that people would stop, look closer, listen to the whole story, and realize major agendas being played throughout every event that is occurring.

You may ask, what does this have to do with feeling patriotic.  Well, through every event that has blatantly been against what America really stands for, or every attempt to erase our history I have become more and more patriotic.  I want to stand for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  I feel the need to sing the Star Spangled Banner very loudly and to thank the brave who have fought endlessly for this country. I feel the need to speak up like never before against things that are blatantly against being a democracy and things that want to shift us towards a Marxist/Communist movement.  I want to teach history to my students, not the watered down version or made up version.  I want students to know people made mistakes, but they also did amazing things for our country.  So, I have been moved to get involved.

This past spring a dear friend of mine was moved to get involved.  She was fed up with the trajectory of our state.  She decided, after a great deal of thought, that she needed to get involved and run for House.  Although she is not in my district, I desire to have her win and be the voice of the people.  I believe she desires to protect our liberties, that she doesn't have the agenda of some organization in mind, that she has the agenda of Maine people in mind!
Laurel's Website
So, I went to help her with one of her campaign events.  Last week we got together to put thank you cards on flags for veterans.  She also made up 4th of July messages for other flags.  Then on July 4th a group from her campaign went out and put flags on veteran's lawns to show patriotism and gratitude for their service to our country.  I'm proud of Laurel and I'm rooting for her, hopefully all the way to the House!

Prepping the flags to wave for liberty!

2 comments:

  1. Wow--you've been busy, Kristen! Helping your friend with the flags and thank you notes was surely a patriotic thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great experience and I was glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete