I love shoes! I just think they are so much fun and there are so many styles. When I started teaching I realized that I not only needed a cute pair of shoes to work in, but I also needed shoes that could handle the floors I stand on. Very quickly I learned that my feet and body would thank me if I bought a quality shoe. I began to ask my fellow teachers which shoes they recommended and Dansko kept coming up.
I began to talk to my mom about needing better shoes. She then shared about a place near where she had jobs in New Hampshire that had great shoes at great prices. This began our summer tradition. Every summer my mom and I make a trip down to the Red Shoe Barn. We usually get there around lunch and stop at Panera and eat outside on their patio. Then we are off to do some shoe shopping. I love looking through all the different styles of shoes. My two favorite school shoes are Dansko and Vionics. This year I chose to go with a bootie since my Dansco clogs and sandals were still in good shape. I guess not wearing any shoes this spring really helped keep them in good condition. Since we go in July mom buys these shoes for my birthday. Sometimes I still feel like a little kid going back to school shopping with her mom.
Although the day is about shoe shopping, it is really a day to spend time with mom!

Kristen, what a great tradition you and your mom have established by going shoe shopping together. I agree that having a sturdy pair of shoes to wear to work is crucial! My daughter shops for her shoes at Red's Shoe Barn, too.
ReplyDelete