Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Lifelong Friend

Today was one of those beautiful summer days in Maine that we just dream about all winter.  The sun was shining, there was a breeze, and they air was dry.  I was supposed to have my dear friend Danielle up to the house to enjoy our pool today, but when I called here and she mentioned Tassel Top beach the plan changed.  My friend has three young girls, and the beach definitely held more options that my pool.  I quickly got ready and headed towards Raymond, I didn't want to miss a minute of our time together!  I don't get to see Danielle very often because she now lives in New York.  So, whenever she is up to Maine to visit her parents I grab at the opportunity to see her and her girls.

Although we are apart more than we are together we have remained fast lifelong friends.  I met Danielle in kindergarten and throughout the years we became friends.  We went to the same college, we were in each others weddings, and we have just been there for one another through the ups and downs of life.  She has taught me many things and has been a vital part of pushing me in my faith.

I am so very blessed to have her as a friend, and I have loved being a part of her three girls lives as they are growing up.  Today was a sweet day to spend time with them, and every time I am with them I feel my heart fill up with joy and happiness.  Today is what summers are made for, and I thank God for the blessings of a true lifelong friendship in Danielle.  I will miss her until we meet up again, but I know she is always there!
Years ago when I visited Danielle in Ohio when her first girl was born
A couple years ago on the 4th of July with 2 of her girls

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you keep in touch with your friend from Kindergarten. What could be more special than that?!

    ReplyDelete