At the beginning of the summer we were given the opportunity to purpose summer work to get paid by the district. At the time I saw the email I thought, I don't want to do anything this summer! However, several different opportunities were presented to me, and I decided to join in on the work. The one that I am especially happy that I joined in on was one to created math tool kits for in class and distance learning.
This year is going to be so strange. In order to help increase safety precautions students won't be able to share supplies and tools. In elementary school it is extremely important for students to use math manipulative to work through their math learning. Many of these tools help to build students number sense. So, in order to make it possible for students to access there math tools this year we needed to make math tool kits. We also need to make one for students to be able to use at home if we are remote at any time this year. These math tool kits will change over the year as they develop their math skills and may need more complex math tools.
So, today we went into school and got started on our summer work. We copied ten frames and other paper templates and organized our in school math kits. Next time we will start to organize our home math kits. It will be good to have these ready to go when we start school, and I think they will be very helpful for families if we are remote.

No comments:
Post a Comment