When distant learning finally became a definite reality and the dust settled. I quickly realized I wanted to stay connected to my students as best as I could. I knew this would mean not only daily zoom meetings, but some creative activities as well. I started during April break by writing them a letter and sending a stamped envelope along so they could write me back.
Then on my teacher Facebook sites I started to see how teachers were using their Bitmoji to send themselves to their students. Immediately I was hooked, I wanted to do this! The other teachers in my hallway were all about this idea as well. One of them found a story we could use to kick the activity off (Adventures of Mrs. Saunders). I began printing, laminating, and cutting flat Mrs. Saunders. Then I placed her and a letter with the directions into the mail and waited to see my students responses.
What a great idea to stay connected to your students during remote instruction! Did they write anything along with the pictures they sent to you with their Flat Mrs. Saunders?
ReplyDelete