June was a very dry month, and I remember when that first rain storm hit the first week of July how thrilled everyone was. I love a good summer thunderstorm, and now where our house is we get quite the show. I tried to capture the storm on Wednesday, but I didn't have much luck. It was amazing to watch the very powerful lightning shoot across the sky. As the rain fell heavily I began to hear a pinging sound; I couldn't believe it, now it was beginning to hail! Thankfully it wasn't large enough or long enough to do any damage.
We definitely went from nothing to the flood gates being open. Sadly, the amount of water is doing a number of my plants. They need a good five straight days to dry out. Unfortunately it looks like over the next four days that there is going to be rain, rain, and more rain. I am thinking I should pull my pots off the railings and put them under the porch to stop them from getting any more water. They were so beautiful and now they are looking like they are on their last leg, sadness. Hopefully my efforts will save them, and allow them to come back beautifully. Flowers make me so happy, and I'm not ready for them to be gone on my porch.
 |
| Storm this week |
 |
| Oh sadness, they were so full and colorful |
Wow--you really captured the essence of that storm and the effect it had on your beautiful flowers!
ReplyDelete