Friday, July 3, 2020

Norway Adventure

Part of why we moved to Otisfield was because of my husbands job in Norway.  I had never really been to Norway, maybe I've driven through it without knowing on my way to Sunday River.  One weekend Josh took me for a drive to show me where he worked and drove me through the little town center, but that was my extent of Norway.  So, when my coworker, Shantelle, asked me to her sister in-laws book signing in Norway I figured why not it's close.

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not.  I was in one of those moods, but then I thought, "seriously, what else am I going to do today."  So, I got ready and headed to Norway.  When I arrived I found my coworker and we headed into the quaint, small town bookstore.  I bought my book and got it signed.  I haven't read the book yet, but it looks super cute, and I think my class is really going to like it!

I figured I would just get my book signed and head back home, but then the bookstore owner informed me that my receipt would get me 20% off the gelato store across the street.  Not one to miss on a discount I had to stay and wait for them to open.  We walked up and down the tiny main street enjoying small shops and visiting.  By this point it was getting to be lunch time so, Shantelle and I decided we should stop and have some lunch there as well.  They had a quaint patio on the side for people to enjoy their lunch and gelato.  It was super yummy and I'm glad I stayed.  If you are ever in Norway, I highly recommend Dolce Amici.

After, I figured since I'm in the area I should check out New Balance.  New Balance isn't in Norway, but it is super close.  This was the first time I have enjoyed shopping since the pandemic hit.  I am thrilled to be able to help these local businesses, and I found some super cute clothes and a new pair of sneakers!


2 comments:

  1. It's so great to be able to meet a local author and get her to sign the book she wrote. Talking about that experience with your first graders when/if we return to school in the fall would be a great lesson. I'll bet they will love that book! And, when you are reading it, you can look for effective writing techniques the author used and point them out to your students. Maybe the author would want to visit your class and answer questions that students write ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great idea, once we can have visitors in the school again I will talk to Shantelle about seeing if we could make that happen

      Delete