Friday, July 24, 2020

The Most Wonderful Summer Day

Last night I got a text from my coworker Kim asking what I was doing today.  Originally I was going to babysit, but things changed and that was cancelled so I was absolutely free!  She asked if I wanted to go paddle boarding, of course without hesitation it was a yes.   As I said in my fib story, I just love paddling.  We planned to go out early and be done by lunch.

By the time we were ready and on the dock it was a little after 10.  It had already warmed up to a beautiful temperature.  We decided to go right when leaving her dock instead of left towards the sandbar.  It was just wonderful!  We paddled leisurely and talked about school and this crazy year ahead of us.  We paddled almost to that end of the lake and then headed back on the other side, taking in the houses and view as we paddled along.  At one point we both needed to sit down and paddle for a bit because our feet were getting tingly.

We arrived at the sandbar and swam and visited there for a bit floating and just enjoying the water.  Finally we asked some people there were also there what time it was.  We couldn't believe it, it was already 12:30.  We then decided to paddle to the next sandbar and a log to see if we could see any turtles.  We did see one turtle sunny themselves.  At that sandbar we saw people on boats eating chips and decided we were getting hungry and should head back.  On the way back people's barbeques wafted across the lake, yep I was hungry now and ready to go.  One very sweet thing that we saw as we approached the dock was a loon with her baby on it's back, that made my day.  What was going to be a couple hour paddle turned into a 4 hour most wonderful summer day.  I am grateful for my dear friend and our paddle times together.

Photo not from today, but was exactly what we saw
 

No comments:

Post a Comment