Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Flowers

I love flowers!  I love the way they look, I love the anticipation of their arrival, and I love when they pop open and greet the world.  This year I was able to get a head start on my flower beds since I was home and my commute went down to 0 minutes.  I cleaned out the beds and mulched them earlier than most years, and I have to say the results have made me extremely happy!!  I can not take credit for these beautiful creations as the former owner planted them.  She did an amazing job and choosing fun and beautiful perennials.

The one thing I did add to these gardens is a lavender bush and dahlias.  I love dahlias.  Last year sadly I waited way too long to pull them from the ground and every one of them except one did not recover.  Thankfully a dear friend of mine gave me a gift certificate to an online dahlia store.  Although I saw pictures of what I planted, I can not wait to actually see them pop open and wow me!

I have had one flower downer this year.  My railing pots became too wet and are looking like death.   I quickly asked a fellow gardening colleague what I should do.  She suggested pulling them from the pots and letting them dry out.  Also dumping the soil onto a trash bag to dry it out.  Here's hoping, they were just magnificent a week or so ago.  I'm not quite ready to not have them greeting me on my porch.  I just love flowers too much and I can't wait to see everything in full bloom soon.

Watson loves to stop and smell the flowers

Bella enjoys the butterflies the flowers bring
My attempts to save my lovely plants



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with saving those potted plants. Your garden is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete