Saturday, July 18, 2020

Essential Oils

About two years ago I had a coworker invite me to come over to her house and learn how to make lotion using essential oils.  It sounded like fun and she also lived close by so, why not?  When I arrived I was greeted with the most wonderful smells.  She then invited me to make a drink using the company she buys from juice and essential oils.  What? You can ingest these things?  She began to share about what essential oils were and the company Young Living.  I was intrigued.   The company sold other wonderful products like lotions and vitamins.  By the end of the night I was sold, I wanted to try this company and all it had to offer.  I joined the rewards club and bought a starter kit.

This began my addiction.  I love essential oils.  I love Young Living products.  I started small with just the oils, but then I began to try the shampoos, lotions, deodorants, and vitamins.  I learned about how many products are chemically induced and began to clean up my beauty products with natural Young Living products.  Then, the company released makeup!! I couldn't believe how wonderful it was to know the things I was putting on my face were clean and healthy for me.

I've learned how to create rollers for different needs.  My favorite ones are my bedtime ones.  I have one called Tranquility (which the company made, but I refilled with my own oils when I ran out) which has roman chamomile, lavender, and cedarwood in it.  I roll this and another one with the Stress Away blend in it onto my spine, behind my ears, and on my wrists.  I have never fallen asleep so quickly!

I have never gotten into the business side of Young Living, although I do distribute it to friends and family that want products, and the perk is I get points to get free products.  I just enjoy this new hobby of mine, and it smells fabulous!
My order this month, plus freebies, plus products I got for free with my points


1 comment:

  1. Your new hobby sounds intriguing. It must be reassuring to know that the products you are using are healthy for you and the environment!

    ReplyDelete