Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Blueberries - Blueberries - Blueberries

When we moved to our house a year and half ago the previous owner told us there were lots of blueberry bushes on our property.  Last summer I was excited to find these blueberries and pick a few for baking and breakfast toppings.  This summer is has been amazing!!  I'm not sure if it's because of how Josh, my husband, cleared the land or if I'm just more aware, but there are sooo many blueberry bushes!  This past week I noticed they were beginning to ripen so I started to pick them.  As I was picking I saw where there were more of them.  So, this summer I have a mission; I want to pick and freeze as many blueberries as I can.  I plan to take my two cup container out most days and fill it up, until I can't find any more.  I love blueberries and our Maine wild ones are just amazing!  I look forward to using these blueberries to bake, make smoothies, and just eat by the handful.  Once again I am reminded of how blessed we are to have this beautiful home and property.

Some of our bushes and my first pan full to freeze!


2 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    I just realized that I can post a comment right here. Nothing says summer in Maine better than a bucket of blueberries. We kayak out to a little island near our camp to pick blueberries. Other people do too, so there aren't always a lot to pick, but usually enough to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast, which my kids love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete