Yesterday was my birthday. It's started to get strange to get older. I think it feels like this because I am quickly racing towards 40! How can that be? I can remember my mom's 40th birthday. I can remember thinking, "wow that's old!" Now that I am actually 1 year away from that I can't believe I thought that. Time is a weird thing. I feel like when we are children time is slow and endless. Now, I feel like time is fleeting and warp speed.
Although birthday's aren't like they were when I was a kid; I still enjoy a good birthday dinner. Yesterday, I decided to start my day off with a paddle on the lake. It wasn't a long one, but I got out and got to swim, then I paddled up the river for a bit. It was just lovely! Then I rushed home to get ready for my birthday dinner. My parents and my mother in-law came up to celebrate with me. We had a wonderful and yummy cookout of burgers and sides.
My honey blessed me with some wonderful gifts and flowers. My favorite gift was a Cricut. I'm excited to use this to create school and home crafts! Overall it was a wonderful day, and I pray that my last year in my 30's is a great one!


Kristen, being such an artsy craftsy one, you will love your Cricut. I have one at the school library and I really haven't had much time to learn about it. Let me know if you find some fun and easy ways to use it for school!
ReplyDeleteHappy Late 39th Birthday! Glad you were able to spend it just the way you wanted.
ReplyDeleteIt is awesome, it can do so many things! Thank you!
ReplyDelete