Last night we lost power. I wasn’t really expected to lose power. Our house gets a lot of wind and we don’t lose power a lot. Although I had heard that tropical storm Isaiah was going to make it to Maine I didn’t realize it was going to cause so many power outages. I think part of the reasons we had so many outages in our area was because of tree branches taking down power lines.
I don’t mind not having power, but I do worry about the food in the fridge. Thankfully, we have a generator. Unfortunately, I haven’t learned what to do to turn it on! Josh is at work today so, I decided I better call my dad for help. Thankfully they came up to help.
However, when they got here we realized dad wasn’t 100% sure on how to operate our panel to make the generator work. Finally after looking at it more carefully we figured out what we were doing wrong. We got the generator running and the refrigerator was good to go! Then I decided to try one of the panels for the kitchen outlets to charge my phone. I’m not sure if that was what did it or something else, but the generator suddenly turned off, arg.
Thankfully the fridge is still cool and the freezer is still frozen. Josh will be home in a few hours. I hope the power turns back on before that though. Until then, I think I’ll grab a book and head down to the pool for a bit.
Yay, as of 9:30 I can post this because the power is back. It's amazing how much we enjoy having our convenient power!
Kristen, not having power can sometimes be scary. It's unusual that we lose power in the summer--usually it happens in the winter months. We didn't lose power at our house in Standish, but when I went over to my camp in Windham the next day, there were lots of tree branches, leaves and other debris that needed to be cleaned up and the clocks and other electronic devices were all blinking so I knew there had been an outage.
ReplyDelete