Friday, August 7, 2020

Leadership Team

 Today I spent the day at my school  working with our school leadership team on our reentry work.  There are so many questions that people want answered and so much to do.  We spend the morning discussing some of the questions that have come up.  A lot of the questions can't be answered because we do not know how many students will return in person, want remote learning, or decide to homeschool.  A lot of where teachers will be located is dependent on this.  

Today a survey went out to ask parents what their decision will be.  The decision they make will be the one they need to stick with until December break.  I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't want to be in parents shoes right now.  My heart goes out to them.  

Then in the afternoon we went over SOPs.  You wouldn't even begin to imagine how many simple SOP's needed to be updated to work for this year.  Thankfully we have been given the go ahead for the playground!  It will be a bit different, but they will be able to play on the equipment.  

There is still so much to do and we will have to meet again before school starts.  I feel honored to be able to be a part of this work.  I continue to pray that people would not fall into fear mongering!  There is a lot out there that is real, but a lot out there is just there to scare people about schools.  

1 comment:

  1. Tough decisions about safety, normalcy, and education. Thanks for working with others to get some of this work done. Not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete