At one stop there was an older lady that has been shup up in her house since the beginning of the pandemic. She really appreciated Laurel stopping to talk with her about the issue of the upcoming election. I also bet she just appreciated having a real person to talk to. At supportive homes she asked if they wouldn't mind having a sign put up on their property. Overall I think today was a very successful day for her. She had quite a few positive responses to her discussions. It was great to get out there and be a part of the democratic process today. I continue to pray that those who stand for democracy, freedom, and the constitution with win!
Welcome to my blog for my summer writing course. Here I will do a daily piece of writing. This writing may be about what is happening in my world that day, or just thoughts for the day. I will be using this as I would use a personal journal.
Monday, August 3, 2020
Canvas Campaigning
Today I had the opportunity to help my friend out that is running for House in her district. Today I was her driver while she canvased part of her district. It was definitely interesting to see what goes into campaigning. First she had a printed out list of names of registered voters and their addresses. Then she had her computer to type into a spreadsheet what occurred at each house. We started with one road and drove up till the end stopping on one side of the road and then drove and stopped down the other side of the road. At each stop she had a flier that shared a little about herself and her stance. It was very interesting to see people's responses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great opportunity for you to participate in your friend's campaign!
ReplyDelete