Monday, June 22, 2020

Starting my Writing Course


Today is the first day of my summer class.  I started the day meeting on google meets with two other colleagues, who are also taking the course this summer.  As we meet we walk through the different parts of the Blackboard platform.  I open each section and it reveals expectations, assignments, and deadlines.  I am immediately brought into a feeling of panic!  I am transported back to college life with this feeling I have starting within me.  It is like riding a bike that I haven't ridden on in years.   I know I am capable of doing this, and that once I find my rhythm and get that first week under my belt I will be fine with being a college student again.  

Writing has always been a bit scary to me, but I do not want that to be something I impose upon my young new writers in my class.  I want to expand through this class as a better writer and more importantly a better writing teacher.  

So, here we go, I begin today to bite off pieces of this week's work and figure out how to best manage my time to get the most out of this course and enjoy the short summer days we have here in Maine.



No comments:

Post a Comment