Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Summer Projects

I love summer time.  The warm air, bare feet, paddle boarding, swimming, boating... the list could go on and on.  I'm blessed to be able to take the summer off and not work another job.  So, each summer I usually try to take on a project around the house to complete.  We bought our home two years ago and like any house there are upkeeps that need to be done in order to keep things looking lovely.  Last year my projects included stacking our firewood and power washing and sanding the back deck so that my husband Josh could stain it.  At the time I despised power washing, sanding, and sanding some more in the hot, humid summer heat, but now I am so happy to have a beautiful porch to enjoy this summer.

Wood, wood, and more wood - 
very grateful we had it this winter, but glad I don't have to stack that much this summer!
Last years finished deck project
This summer's project is the front porch.  At first the thought of sanding made me want to scream, but then I looked at how lovely our back porch turned out and was motivated to get it done, and thankfully it is way smaller!  Yesterday I finished the first round of sanding so the project's end is already in sight!  I can't wait to have it looking as beautiful as the back porch.
A project where I have to wear a mask!  What was I thinking?




The before picture, just starting


Yesterday's picture - getting there

No comments:

Post a Comment