Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Bella

This past January we began to get strange packages in the mail.  Things that were connected to getting a puppy.  In my mind I kept thinking, oh my goodness, I really hope Josh isn't thinking about getting us another dog.  I love dogs, and we already had the most wonderful dog - Watson!  I dismissed the thought from my mind and went about my usual day to day routines.

Then one Sunday Josh let me know he had to run into town on an errand, this was pretty normal and routine.  I headed off to church and when I got back I started my Sunday afternoon ritual of getting stuff done for the next week of school.  Josh arrived home and asked for help unloading the car.  He asked me to just get the stuff in the front seat.  I opened the door and out of a box popped the most adorable, tiny, fuzzy puppy face I had ever seen.  I couldn't believe it, surprise, dog child number two!  Immediately I was in love with that sweet face.  I did however worry about our older dog Watson and how he would adjust to a new puppy in the house.
Bella meeting Watson
She was so tiny!

Having a puppy is fun, but it is definitely a ton of work. I have to say I'm a bigger fan of the puppy phase after 5 months.  The first couple months were rough with both Josh and I at work.  However, the corona virus did have a silver lining, being able to stay home with this peanut and train her.  Also, I think it really helped Watson adjust to his little sister.  Although she still drives him nuts sometimes they have become fast friends.  She never wants to leave his side and he is always making sure she is ok and in sight.

Through the insanity of learning how to teach from home and being alone, I was so glad to have my furry friends to keep me company.  Although I really didn't want another dog, I am so very grateful not to have my sweet Bella. I can't imagine our family without her!
The beginning of a beautiful friendship
Watson - Goldendoodle and Bella - Cavadoodle
Best of friends



No comments:

Post a Comment