As much as I don't love squatting down for an hour picking them, there is something special about doing this each year with my mom. We chat about whatever comes to mind and feel proud after about the fruits of our labor. Picking berries isn't a luxurious event, but to me it screams summer in Maine. Once again, I am convinced we have some of the yummiest tasting strawberries around. I am excited to wash these berries, freeze some, and then enjoy others with a dollop of whip cream for dessert tonight.
Welcome to my blog for my summer writing course. Here I will do a daily piece of writing. This writing may be about what is happening in my world that day, or just thoughts for the day. I will be using this as I would use a personal journal.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Summer Tradition
Every year at the end of June or the beginning of July there is one thing me and my mom anticipate doing together. I guess you could call it a tradition. As soon as it gets close we check the websites to see when they will be open. What might this summer tradition be? This tradition is going to Pine Land Farms in New Gloucester to pick juicy, red, sweet strawberries. We get up early and head over to try to beat the summer heat. Today we drove in and were greeted by super friendly employees. They provide you with boxes and point you in the direction to the field. Then we begin the process of searching for perfectly ripe berries among the leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment